SE28 DARK BROWN BRITISH WOOL GUERNSEY UNISEX SWEATERRegular price €176,95
A classic woollen Guernsey with a high rolled neck and dropped sleeves featuring a textured moss stitch, soft British wool and a contemporary fit.
Also known as a Gansey, the traditional fisherman’s sweater was hard-wearing, thick and exceedingly woolly. You would also find that the jumper’s textured yoke told land folk what area of the coast you came from. Our Guernsey is based on the classic, but with a softer wool so that you’ll want to wear it day in day out. It’s a collaboration with UK manufacturers, and made with 100% British wool.
- Based on the classic Guernsey sweater with textured yoke, square cut and split hem for comfort and ease of movement
- Ribbed neck and cuffs for a true fit so that you stay cosy inside
- Contrasting textures (rib, moss and purl) make for a really interesting knit, while offering movement and warmth in particular areas
- Square cut and shorter body with squared arm hole for that classic boxy fit
- Inherently unisex due to the cut and purpose
- Wil is wearing a size small. He is 178cm tall and is 70kg
Fabric and Trims:
- 100% British wool blend from Blue Faced Leicester and Masham sheep
- Yarn was spun in Romania, and finished by Laxton’s in Yorkshire
- Sweater knitted by Jack Masters in Leicestershire
- Still has the sheep smell, but isn’t an itchy feeling wool
- 5 gauge construction, but chunky due to the half cardigan knit
- Half cardigan knit offers the close rib texture, keeping body heat in while the spongey yarn does its job to control air flow
- Long roll neck (16.5cm), so you can roll it or keep it long for gathers
- Long cuffs (14.5cm) with a tighter construction to keep it snug on your wrists
- Fashioned armscye to give a close fit without sagginess
- Wash in lukewarm water, preferably by hand with a wool or delicate eco detergent. Soak only for 10 minutes and then rinse twice first in lukewarm water, then cold water.
- If using a washing machine, adhere to your machine’s delicate or woollen settings and use a mild detergent
- Always dry flat, never in a tumble dryer and away from direct heat
We offer FREE shipping within the UK only on all orders over £50.
We ship all orders to the EU that are paid in Euros through our DHL shipping agent ‘taxes and duties paid’. This means that the price you see at checkout will be the total price you pay. Simple as that. All goods shipped to the EU will also be sent via DHL.
We offer a 30-day returns or exchange policy from the date you receive the goods*. Terms and conditions apply.
For more information please see our Terms & Policies page.