Natural BLA x Hadston Leather BeltRegular price €160,95
Sharing the same passion for craftsmanship and the values this holds, Blackhorse Lane Ateliers and Hadston Leather have come together to create a range of beautiful leather accessories that last a lifetime.
This natural belt is made from 4mm thick English oak bark leather paired with a brass stainless steel 1/4 Inch belts will not be re-stocked after sold out.
Alison, founder of Hadston Leather, bevels and burnishes the edges of each belt with an edge dye and wax to create a smooth feel. She fixes the buckle and belt loop in place using the saddle stitch method. All belts are made locally in East London.
- Vegetable tanned English bridle leather
- Brass Buckle
- Made by Alison in London, UK
- Anthony is wearing a size medium (2) and offers him a few hole options. He has a 34″ waist.
- Leather – JFJ Baker's tannery in Devon
- Buckle – sourced from Abbey England, Cheshire UK; manufactured in China.
- Belt – Finished and made in London UK.
- S - 39"/99cm
- M - 45"/114cm
Oak Bark leather means the leather has been tanned using tannins extracted from the bark of oak trees. Oak trees were synonymous with England so you wouldn't get oak bark leather from another country. Baker's are still using the same traditional tanning methods from hundreds of years ago. Baker's have had the tannery since the 1800s but there has been a tannery on that site since Roman times. The hides are from English farms so it's English all the way through which is a rarity these days.
- Natural wax and oils are applied to the leather when it is produced. The wax or oil will rise to the surface occasionally appearing as a white bloom. When this happens rub the leather with a soft cloth to feed the wax back into the leather and therefore nourishing it.
- Ideally, English Bridle leather needs to be kept hydrated. This can be done by applying a small amount of Sedgwick Leather Care Balm, which is readily available to buy online. This only needs to be done occasionally.
- If any liquids or dirt spills onto the surface, wipe the leather straight away with a clean soft cloth. Avoid, however, using anything too harsh as it will mark the surface.
- Direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time will bleach the surface. It will darken again over time but to avoid the harsh stripping of colour, it is advisable not to leave your English Bridle leather product in direct sunlight.
- Avoid bringing the belt (or other product) into contact with sharp edges, as the surface will scratch. However, part of the beauty of English Bridle leather is that it will take on the characteristics of your daily wear, showcasing the item’s story.
- The vegetable tanned leather will naturally change in appearance over time and will develop a patina unique to you. Like with the scratching, this is one of the beauties of this natural product.
We offer FREE shipping within the UK only on all orders over £50.
We ship all orders to the EU that are paid in Euros through our DHL shipping agent ‘taxes and duties paid’. This means that the price you see at checkout will be the total price you pay. Simple as that. All goods shipped to the EU will also be sent via DHL.
We offer a 30-day returns or exchange policy from the date you receive the goods*. Terms and conditions apply.
For more information please see our Terms & Policies page.