Merchant & Mills Clementine Skirt PatternRegular price €18,95
Slim fitting jeans skirt with a slight a-line, back split and shaped waistband. Jeans details but with domestic sewing machine ease.
- Tissue paper pattern in card envelope with instructions.
- This is a multi-size paper pattern including sizes 6 – 18
- 1.5cm seam allowance is included in the pattern unless otherwise stated
- Skill level: experienced
- Multi-size pattern, but check the finished measurements and size chart before cutting
- If in doubt, make a toile. Merchant and Mills advise making a toile first, firstly to adjust the fit if needed but secondly to familiarise yourself with the pattern instructions.
- 8-12.5oz denim (up to 14oz with a heavy duty sewing machine)
- 7″ metal jeans zip
- Plain cotton fabric for pocket bags
- Heavy duty contrast thread/top stitching thread
- Matching standard contrast thread (to use in the bobbin)
- 1 x button approx 18mm
Note: M&M have found that a heavy duty thread rather than a topstitch thread gives a more authentic look to the topstitching and is easier to use. You may find that you get a better stitch using a matching standard ‘sew all’ thread in the bobbin.
Wash your fabric before making, on a cycle that matches your fibre and fabric construction – generally no more than 30˚c, and with mild detergent.
M&M recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. Pre-washing also ensures you remove any further fabric shrinkage (most fabric manufacturers state 3-5% additional shrinkage, or for our denims it will be approximately 2.5cm in the length only).
We recommend doing the following to avoid creasing, and to prevent shrinkage after making:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash. You don’t need to use detergent if you don’t want to, and you can even just use a rinse cycle
- Wet the fabric first before putting it into the drum if you can
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help. Or if you have your pattern already you may be able to break it into smaller parts by looking at the lay plan – leave some wiggle room!
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin
- If any white creases develop, ironing whilst still damp will help
- Do not tumble dry (general rule of thumb is not to tumble dry denim anyway)
We offer FREE shipping within the UK only on all orders over £50.
We ship all orders to the EU that are paid in Euros through our DHL shipping agent ‘taxes and duties paid’. This means that the price you see at checkout will be the total price you pay. Simple as that. All goods shipped to the EU will also be sent via DHL.
We offer a 30-day returns or exchange policy from the date you receive the goods*. Terms and conditions apply.
For more information please see our Terms & Policies page.