BLA x Hadston Leather Cardholder WalletRegular price £100.00
Sharing the same passion for craftsmanship and the values this holds, Blackhorse Lane Ateliers and Hadston Leather have come together to create a range of beautiful leather accessories that last a lifetime. This bi-fold cardholder is our latest collaboration and is made from vegetable tanned leather from the La Perla Azzurra tannery in Tuscany, Italy (red, green) and Mensure tannery in Belgium (natural)
Alison, founder of Hadston Leather, makes all the cardholders by hand locally in East London:
- Red and green cardholders are hand-stitched using the saddle stitch method and the edges are bevelled and burnished with beeswax.
- Natural cardholders are hand-stitched using the saddle stitch method. The edges are sanded smooth with no burnishing to allow them to wear naturally.
- All stitching is in ecru thread with a single line of black stitching that recalls selvedge denim and our ‘Blackhorse’ brand.
- Made by Alison in London, Uk
- Hand stitched using the saddle stitch method
- Four-position cardholder
- Vegetable-tanned leather – from the La Perla Azzurra tannery in Tuscany, Italy (red, green) and Mensure tannery in Belgium (natural)
- Embossed with Blackhorse Lane Ateliers and Hadston Leather logos
- Cardholder – Finished and made in London UK.
- 10 x 7 x 1 cm
Red and Green Cardholders
La Perla Azzurra tannery in Tuscany, Italy is part of the Consorzio Vera Pelle consortium. The consortium is formed of 22 tanneries in Tuscany set up to preserve the tradition of Tuscan vegetable tanned leather and also holds the tanneries to responsible operating standards including processes such as water recycling.
This leather ages beautifully developing a wonderful patina with use. It will react to the warmth and oils from your touch which ages the leather unique to you. Like all vegetable tanned leather it never stays the same, it will take on scratches and react to sunlight but it is all part of the charm.
It is tanned in drums using extracts from the bark or leaves of trees. Tuscan veg tan leather predominantly uses extracts from chestnut, mimosa and quebracho trees. The colour is dyed all the way.
Made from vegetable tanned leather from the Mensure tannery in Belgium.
The natural-coloured leather is different to the red and green in that it is leather in its natural state. It is undyed and untreated. As you begin to use it, this card holder will gradually start to darken. Over time it will patinate to dark brown. It ages beautifully developing a wonderful patina. It will react to the warmth and oils from your touch, to different weather, and takes on scratches all of which ages the leather unique to you.
It is tanned in drums using extracts from the bark or leaves of trees. This is where the process finished as it is left undyed.