Wilkinson 10" Composite ShearsRegular price £65.00
Hot-forged carbon steel sidebent 10″ shears with non-stick coating, for heavy duty tailoring and dressmaking.
- 10″ right-handed shears with “sidebent” shape; cranked handles tilt upwards, allowing for smoother cutting of cloth as the lower blade can run flat along the fabric
- Made from hot-forged carbon steel for unrivaled quality and durability
- Teflon-coated; non-stick means tape and adhesive won’t ruin the blades
- Industrial grade; used by professionals
- They feature a unique corrosion protection coating on the inside of the blade
- Extra sharp with one micro-serrated blade and one knife edge blade; these shears are able to grip slippery materials and reduce cutting effort
- Blackhorse Lane Ateliers logo etching
- Handmade by craftsmen in Sheffield, UK
- Weight: 680g
- Thickness of blades (when placed together): 10mm
- Style code: SIDEBENTTEF10
- Tailoring; wool, shirting
- Dressmaking; fine fabrics, mediumweight wovens, jersey
- Leatherwork and rubber
- Heavy duty enough to cut through Kevlar
About William Whiteley & Sons
William Whiteley & Sons was established in 1760, and received a Royal Warrant in 1840 for their designing and manufacturing of beautiful hand-crafted industrial scissors in the North of England, Sheffield. In 1875, Whiteley’s incorporated another scissor-maker Thomas Wilkinson & Son, also royally appointed. A renowned Master Cutler, Wilkinson invented and patented the ‘sidebent’ scissor. Still a family-run firm, Whiteley’s skills have been passed on down through the generations. Today, Whiteley’s produce over 250 styles of scissor with advanced development for all types of industry keeping their craftsmanship fresh.
We also stock the 8″ right-handed and 8″ left-handed versions.