SE28 Black British Wool Guernsey Unisex SweaterRegular price £112.50
A classic woollen Guernsey with textured moss stitch, square cut and cosy fit. It still smells like a sheep, but is softer than it is itchy.
Also known as a gansey, the traditional fisherman's sweater was hard-wearing, thick and exceedingly woolly. You would also find that the jumper's textured yoke told land folk what area of the coast you came from. Our Guernsey is based on the classic, but with a softer wool so that you'll want to wear it day in day out. It's a collaboration with UK manufacturers, and made with 100% British wool.
- Based on the classic Guernsey sweater with textured yoke, square cut and split hem for comfort and ease of movement
- Ribbed neck and cuffs for a true fit so that you stay cosy inside
- Contrasting textures (rib, moss and purl) make for a really interesting knit, while offering movement and warmth in particular areas
- Square cut and shorter body with squared arm hole for that classic boxy fit
- Inherently unisex due to the cut and purpose
- Traditional knit with original details available in four classic colourways (select your colour above)
Premium Construction Details:
- 5 gauge plain knit, midweight jumper
- Textured moss stitch yoke to front and back, and to the hem
- Split hem offers a little extra movement (6.5cm deep)
- Ribbed neck (5cm deep) with a roll revealing the purl knit
- Ribbed cuffs (7cm deep) with a roll revealing the purl knit
Fabric and Trims:
- 100% British wool blend from Blue Faced Leicester and Masham sheep
- Yarn was spun in Romania, and finished by Laxton'sin Yorkshire
- Sweater knitted by Jack Mastersin Leicestershire
- Still has the sheep smell, but isn't an itchy feeling wool
Sizing and Fit:
– Fits true to size, but note that this is a square cut unisex jumper anyway
- Standard sizing of SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, X-LARGE (select your size above)
- Wil is wearing a size small. He is 178cm tall and is 70kg.
- Temica is wearing a size small (see the women's style here). She is 174cm tall and has a 26.5” waist, 90cm hips and bust is 32C.
– Need more info on the fit? See the “Choosing A Size” tab, and size chart
– Wash in lukewarm water, preferably by hand with a wool or delicate eco detergent. Soak only for 10 minutes and then rinse twice first in lukewarm water, then cold water.
- If using a washing machine, adhere to your machine's delicate or woollen settings and use a mild detergent
- Always dry flat, never in a tumble dryer and away from direct heat
- If in doubt, use a garment sprayto refresh your knitwear
Lifestyle images by Agenda Brown at Studio Marvelry